The PV-VC MTAC Branch Competition is open to all instruments and voice.
The competition will be held on April 30, 2016, at the First United Methodist Church, at 1338 E. Santa Clara St, Ventura.
There are three divisions:
- Division I is age 12 and under.
- Division II is ages 13-15, and
- Division III is ages 16-18.
First, second, and third place winners in each division will receive a trophy. First place winners will also receive a cash award. Honorable mention pins may also be awarded at the discretion of the judges. All students will receive written comments from the judges and a Certificate of Participation.
Entrance requirements are met by one of the following criteria:
1) receive Branch Honors for level 3 or higher in Certificate of Merit in the competition year,
2) receive a gold medal in the Holiday Festival in the previous year,
3) be awarded Branch Winner or Alternate for the Bach Festival in the previous year.
Repertoire for piano students may be one memorized solo piece from the standard repertoire. Popular music is not allowed. Time limits are as follows: Div. I: 3 minutes, Div. II: 4 minutes, Div. III: 5 minutes.
Application fee is $20.00 per student, and the application deadline is March 20, 2016.
|Event Date||04-30-2016 12:00 pm|
|Location||1338 E Santa Clara St, Ventura, CA 93001, USA|